Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon, established in 1973 by the Industrial Finance Corporation of India, is a big name in the field of management education. It ranks 10th in top business schools in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2020.
Moreover, it is the first internationally accredited Indian Business School to have received accreditation by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) London in 2006 and was also accredited by South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) in 2006.
Currently, MDI has two campuses – MDI Gurgaon and MDI Murshidabad. The Murshidabad campus was inaugurated in 2014.
There are three different 2-year courses or programs offered by MDI Gurgaon.
• Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) – It is a 2-year core PGDM course spread across 6 terms, wherein the core subjects (including general management, behavioural management, finance, and marketing) are covered in the first four terms and the student has to choose the elective subjects in the year 2 to major/ specialize in two domains.
• Post Graduate Program in Management – Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM) – MDI offers a 2-year PGP course that specializes in HR. It is spread across 6 terms where the first 4 terms are dedicated to training the future managers in all the core competencies and the remaining terms specialization is given through the electives of Organisational Behaviour/ Human Resource Management/ Strategy.
• Post Graduate Program in Management – International Management(PGP-IB) – This program is dedicated to equip the students’ knowledge in the geopolitical dynamics, global economy, and to train them to build a network across geographies. It is a dual degree program delivered partly in India and the remaining part in Europe. The program is offered by ESCP Europe, ranked 11th by the Financial Times in Europe. Their campuses are spread across four different locations – Paris, London, Madrid, and Paris. The degree offered to the student is Master’s in Management (MIM).
MDIM offers a flagship course in PGPM (Post Graduate Program in Management). Under this course, students go through all the core subjects till term 4 and the remaining 2 terms are dedicated for the specialization.
• MDI Gurgaon
• MDI Murshidabad
The weighted average score of the entry test of the applicant (CAT or GMAT test), followed by their score in the written application test and screening process.
The selection process for both the campus is the same:
1. Firstly, the candidates are shortlisted based upon their CAT scores and the details provided in the application form.
2. Secondly, shortlisted candidates are called for Group Discussion, Written Ability Test and Personal Interview.
3. Lastly, a final merit is released based upon the evaluation of all the components.