How Easy is to get into BMS Course of Xavier’s Mumbai?
BMS stands for Bachelors of Management Studies, which is a 3-year undergraduate course conducted by St. Xavier’s College Mumbai, and is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. BMS is a 6-semester course that is constantly upgraded by including relevant courses in the field of Finance, HR, Marketing, and Production. Interested candidates can fill the St. Xavier’s BMS application form using the link http://xaviers.edu. The scorecard for this exam is valid for one academic year. To clear St.Xaviers Mumbai entrance exam a student should gather complete information about it.
St Xaviers Mumbai Admission Criteria into BMS course
Below is the eligibility criteria to appear for St Xavier’s Mumbai Entrance Exam 2021:
• The candidate must have passed the 12th class or equivalent exam from Maharashtra Board or other recognized boards.
• The candidate should be of 23 years or less in age at the time of the exam. For BMS 2021, the candidate must be born on or after June 1, 1998.
BMS Entrance Exam Structure
The BMS entrance test for St. Xavier’s exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. This is an OMR sheet-based test. Aspirants need to mark one answer per question in the OMR sheet. The sections are as follows:
Mathematics and Data Interpretation are based on class 10th syllabus across all boards.Calculators (not programmable) are allowed.
How to get into St Xaviers Mumbai during Pandemic Year?
Because of the prevailing conditions, this year the BMS exam of St. Xavier’s college is being conducted as an online video proctored test. Candidates can give the exam from the safety of their homes. They only need to arrange the following things:
• A windows operating system enabled, desktop/laptop with
• A functional web camera and microphone and
• Internet connectivity with a speed of 1.5 – 2.0 Mbps.
How to register for BMS Exam
St Xaviers college admission process has following steps to be followed:
• Step 1: Use the link http://xaviers.edu to log on to the official website and fill the application form.
• Step 2: Follow instructions and fill all the required fields as incomplete BMS forms will be rejected.
• Step 3: Pay the fees of Rs 2500/- via debit/credit card/UPI payments.
• Step 4: Verification E-Mail will be being sent on the registered mail ID.
Note: Candidates receive their test slots via E-mail. Admit card is not required this year.
Admission in St Xavier College Mumbai- Important Dates
The below table gives the important dates of BMS entrance exam 2021:
If a candidate having his name in the 1st Merit List fails to complete the admission process within the proposed time as mentioned on the notifications, his/her candidature stands cancelled. The candidates in the subsequent Merit Lists will be offered admission.
St Xaviers BMS Exam Weightage
The cut-off criterion includes the marks obtained by the candidates in the class 12th and the St.Xaviers Mumbai Entrance Exam. The below table gives the exam weightage:
Three cut-offs are released based on:
• The number of students appeared for the exam.
• The difficulty of the exam.
• Scores obtained by the candidates.
Only for those whom the college management founds fit to admit without appearing in the entrance exam.
Wards of Transferred State / Central Government and Private Sector employees, employees of Defence Department / Ex-Servicemen. Wards of Freedom Fighter Award Winners at District/State/National Level in Sports or Cultural Activities.
BMS Course Details at Xaviers Mumbai
Xavier’s Mumbai is one of the most sought-after colleges for pursuing undergrad courses such as BMS, B. Com, BMM and many others. BMS program is one of the least expensive programme as reflected in BMS course fees structure. The total course fee is approximately INR 76,000. Also, the course curriculum is designed in a way to latest industry requirements. Top companies such as Deloitte, ZS Associates, Citi Bank come to recruit students. The average package offered is INR 5-6 Lakh per annum. The highest being INR 15 Lakh per annum. These days students are showing increased inclination towards it, as BMS course scope is vast.