NPAT examination is held by NMIMS, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, NPAT exam better known as NMIMS Programs. NMIMS NPAT, after 12th is for students seeking admission in the undergraduate programs such as BBA, B.Tech, B.Sc (Eco) as well as integrated programs offered by NMIMS. NPAT examination is paramount for students seeking admission to the undergraduate program at NMIMS, NPAT examination is valid for all its campuses like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Navi Mumbai, and Hyderabad. Other than NMIMS, other management colleges offering BBA admission offer seats to candidates through the NPAT examination. NPAT examination is more than, what we can say an excellent opportunity for students looking for a settled future on account of placements.
Date: NPAT examination is usually held in May, usually a week before the Board Examination results are out, this year it was held on 27th June, 2nd & 3rd July 2021.
• For NPAT eligibility, a student must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (for BBA/B.Sc. Finance & B. Com (Hons) program) with Mathematics / Statistics at their 10+2 or equivalent examination in one attempt
• A candidate who has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from IB Board should be either IB certificate or DP awarded with 24 credits having passed 3 HL (12 credits) & 3 SL (9 credits) mandatorily from any stream
• Candidates of CBSE, ICSE, should mention all subject’s marks in the online form. The aggregate percentage of all subjects will be taken into consideration for being eligible in a particular program at the time of admission
• Candidates in class 12th, also fit in the window of NPAT eligibility, qualifying candidates will be called for admission after NPAT exam, and candidates fulfilling the Eligibility criteria of the respective colleges will be offered provisional admission
• Age limit for appearing in NPAT is 25 years
• If candidates are called based on merit list and they don’t have 10+2 or equivalent mark sheet, they will be provided “Provisional Admission” based on predicted score. Marksheet/Transcripts issued by Board/University only be considered (School/Institute will not be accepted). Final admission will be provided once the candidate clears the eligibility criteria after providing the mark sheet
• It is mandatory to submit AIU equivalence certificate for candidates who have completed their (10+2) examination from Overseas Universities
• If the board/university of the candidate provides 10+2 results in Grade Point Average, they must produce the equivalent percentage for the GPA/CGPA obtained in writing from the Board/University concerned
• If the candidate’s final mark sheet is not available at the time of admission, then the candidate needs to upload internet copy of result duly attested by Principal of the school/college. Failing this, the candidate will not be admitted for the program
• It is mandatory to provide a single mark sheet with all compulsory subjects taken and passed in the first attempt, compartmentalized mark sheet will not be considered
• If any compulsory subject is marked as ungraded/fail in mark sheet/grade sheet, then the candidate will not be eligible for the exam
• Candidates appearing for their final 10+2 or equivalent examination can also apply provided they obtain the required minimum cut off marks and also produce all the necessary documents, in original, within the given stipulated time
NPAT syllabus of different sections is given below in detail:
1. Proficiency in the English Language
• Reading Comprehension – 3 comprehension passages are seen in the NPAT paper which is usually of 400-500 words accompanied with 5 questions per passage
• Vocabulary – Correct identification of the underlined words in sentences
• Error Recognition – Questions concerned with grammatical structure and error omitting/usage-based questions
• Contextual Usage – Usage of appropriate words about the context
• The sequence of Ideas– Sorting jumbled sentences into the correct order to form a coherent paragraph
2. Reasoning and General Intelligence
• Data Interpretation – Questions about the information given in the form of graphs and charts
• Data Sufficiency – Analyzing whether the given information is sufficient to conclude the given question
• Critical Thinking – Questions related to problem-solving and decision making
• Numerical Reasoning – Questions concerning Venn diagrams and mathematical equalities
• Verbal and Logical Reasoning – Deciphering the validity and legitimacy of given statements and deriving valid conclusions based on given facts and premises
• Spatial Reasoning – Involves questions based on Figure analogy, Figure series, figure matching/ figure classification
3. Quantitative and Numerical Ability
• Number System – Involves questions on topics such as Number series, Fractions, Surds, and decimals
• Algebra– Topics under Algebra involve Algebraic identities, Sequence and series (AP, GP, HP), Linear and quadratic equations
• Arithmetic – Involves questions based on concepts like Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Profit, Loss and Discount, Time, Work and Distance, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Areas and Volumes of 2D and 3D figures
• Trigonometry – Questions based on Trigonometric Ratios and Identities, Heights and distances
• Elemental Statistics and Probability – Questions based on concepts such as Mean, Median, and Mode, Measures of dispersion
• Sets and Functions – Questions on Sets, Venn Diagrams, Operations on sets and applications, Functions
Paper 1: It is to be attempted by candidates who are giving the NPAT exam to apply for non B.Tech courses such as BBA / B.Pharma. NPAT exam patten is shown below:
Important NPAT dates 2022 are given below:
NPAT registration is explained below:
• After checking the NPAT Eligibility criteria, a student has to fill the application form to take the NPAT examination.
• The form for NPAT examination 2022 will be rolled out in January 2022, students fulfilling NPAT Eligibility should keep an eye on the official website www.npat.in for updates related to the NPAT examination.
• The form for the NPAT examination is to be filled out in online mode and scanned copies of photographs, as well as the signature of the candidate, should be attached along with the NPAT Exam form.
• All particulars such as Name, Age, gender, school, etc. to be duly filled.
• Payment of the NMIMS NPAT Examination will take place through online mode.
• The final step involves taking out the printout of the application form.
• Students can apply for more than 1 schools y paying the mentioned fee, which is as:
• After all, these criteria students should click on submit and keep an eye on the official website of the NPAT exam for the timeline.
NMIMS displays the cut off for various NPAT papers after the commencement of the NPAT exam. The merit list for the NPAT examination is made as per the marks that are scored by the NPAT examination applicants using normalization methods to ensure that every candidate gets a fair score.
There is no sectional cut off for NPAT examination, but it is usually set at 85-86 marks out of 120, for the NPAT examination applicant to get into a good Tier 1 college and a decent score of 65-75 is enough to end at a good tier 2 college through NPAT examination. Solving of NPAT previous year papers will give students a good advantage to ace cut-off of the examination.