Questions on relationships are mainly from the topic of blood relations and family tree relations. Generally, all MBA papers including CAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT or CMAT have a certain set of questions from this topic and test the candidate’s understanding potential to relate. These questions are based in the logical aptitude and analytical section of the MBA exams. Hence, this topic tests the analytical skills of the students and their approach towards solving questions with diagrams instead of calculations.
Importance of questions in MBA exams from Relationships:
* Since there is no negative marking in NMAT all questions should be attempted from relations questions.
Following steps need to be followed to solve these questions:
Below you will find certain question samples along with the solution for your understanding:
1) Pointing to a photograph, Shivam said, “She is the daughter of my grandfather’s only son.” How is Shivam related to the girl in the photograph?
2) If A + B means A is the mother of B; A x B means A is the father of B; A $ B means A is the brother of B and A @ B means A is the sister of B then which of the following means P is the son of Q?
I. Q + R @ P @ N
II. Q + R $ P @ N
III. Q x R $ P @ N
IV. Q x R $ P $ N
3) If A is the brother of B; B is the sister of C; and C is the father of D, how D is related to A?
IV. Cannot be determined
4) Read the information carefully and answer the question given below it.
1. A family consists of 6 members P, Q , R, X, Y, Z.
2. Q is the son of R but R is not mother of Q.
3. P and R are married couple.
4. Y is the brother of R, X is the daughter of P.
5. Z is the brother of P.
1. Who is the brother in law of R?
2. How many female members are there in the family?
3. How is Q related to X?
4. How is Y related to P?
1) Forming the family tree we can get all answers, so brother in law of R is Z
2) 2 female members, P and X
3) Q is the brother of X
4) Y is the brother-in-law of P since P and R are married and Y is brother of P.